Friday, December 25, 2009

P&P Journal: Chapters I-III

Well, here's to keeping promises. And punctuality. I mean, damn, I'm pretty punctual, what with this being the first post just a couple hours after I started this little project.

Just don't get used to it. It's still entirely possible I'm going to give up on this crazy idea and flee to a new life with the cunning yet gregarious sewer-folk of Ulan Bator. And by "crazy idea," I mean "medical school."

Anyway, what's say we get proud and prejudiced, eh? I'm going to needlessly gender this just for your especial delight. Yes, you know who you are, and yes, I'm doing this because it is ALL YOUR FAULT.


First impressions about the men:

Mr. Bennett - A splendid dude. Rarely have I wanted to say "Oh snap!" after every one of a character's lines, but Mr. Bennett is pretty darn sarcastic - by which I mean, awesome. Plus, always has his nose in a book, and I get that. I do feel genuinely sorry for him that he has to put up with Mrs. Bennett.

Mr. Bingley - I keep picturing him as Paul Bettany for some reason.

Mr. Darcy - Edward Cullen. If he's a brooding dick through this whole book, I'm gonna shove a Book of Mormon down my throat and hope I choke to death.


First impressions about the women:
Yeah, I haven't the foggiest. I know Lizzie is supposed to be the protagonist, but I don't know anything about her yet. Mrs. Bennett stopped being endearingly fussy around page 2 and is now just irritating. Again, I feel sorry for her husband.

Also, does anyone else think it's odd that the prettiest daughter's name is Jane? Y'know, just like the author? Just saying.

2 comments:

  1. I still think #4 would have been the proper choice.

    Though I have to say, I'm delighted that you're actually going to read Pride and Prejudice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for lunch. There will probably be more voting in the future, so... better luck next time?

    ReplyDelete