Monday, December 21, 2009

Vote or die

I'm trying something experimental: blogging by democracy. You, fearless reader, get to have a hand in deciding what I'm going to write next. Just post a comment below with the number of your choice by Christmas Eve (December 24). I will tally the votes and then make a semi-arbitrary decision that may or may not correlate with your collective wishes. Think of me as the Electoral College.

Now, in keeping with the overarching character of this blog (i.e. the bland, lukewarm gruel of mediocrity), the candidates have been cast in particularly uninteresting terms. This is on purpose. Some of them may, in fact, turn out to be more savory than you imagine. Others may not. But just like electing officials based only on the strength in their hand-grip and their apparent ability to protect our realm from fen-stalking descendants of Cain (I can't possibly be the only one who does this, can I?), you may be surprised by the kind of politician they turn out to be.


Drum-roll, please:

This blog should next feature...
  1. A political statement, full of quasi-ignorant bombast
  2. A serial journal of literary exploration
  3. A not-very-stunning confession regarding the arts
  4. A work of unpolished creative writing
  5. Nothing. Your shitty blog should die, and you with it.
The winning option will be announced Christmas Day, and posted before the beginning of 2010. Thank you for voting.


Nota bene: Anyone voting for Option #5 should be aware that this blog, unlike certain other democracies I could name, does not subscribe to such silly notions as habeas corpus. By voting, you hereby relinquish your right not to be tossed unceremoniously into the dank nethers of my island stronghold's deepest oubliette, where there are guaranteed to be no ancient, withered husks of men who know any forgotten secrets about any kind of fabulous treasure. There are spiders down there. Only spiders.

4 comments:

  1. I vote two.

    Or five could be good too. I have no fear of your spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, to anyone voting 5, he's right. It really is just a tube full of spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote 2, then 4, and definitely 5 because I've always wanted to see an oubliette. Or...maybe I have and I just forgot?

    ReplyDelete